Gawker is inviting submissions of pitches for publication on their website. Submit your pitches and get published today!
Gawker is a sharp and funny website. They are irreverent, iconoclastic, new, and strange, and they seek to raise questions about the structure of the world around us. They train their eye on worthy targets with skepticism and ire. Gawker abhors the sanctimonious, the indignant, the self-righteous, and the needlessly cruel. They try to have fun.
What Kinds of Pieces is Gawker Looking For?
- Somewhat rude at times
- Ones That Have Interesting and Well-Informed Opinions
- Ones That Have Interesting and Well-Informed Reporting
- Ones That Answer Questions They Raise
What Kinds of Pieces is Gawker Not Looking For?
- Ones Featuring Revenge Porn A/O Stolen Nudes
- Ones Featuring Sex Tapes
- Ones That “Out” People
- Ones That Use The Term “Late Capitalism”
- Ones That Use The Term “Neoliberal”
- Ones That Are A Riff On A David Foster Wallace Essay
- Ones That Use The Word “Horny”
- Personal Essays (Except In Rare Circumstances)
How to Pitch?
- Please include “Pitch” in your subject line.
- Please include links to two or three clips.
- Please send pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org.